Well the answer lies at the old Fisher property across highway 441 about 1/4 mile from the York House!
The stone that figures prominently in both structures was quarried from the hillside on the Fisher property. The Fisher house is from the mid 1820's and the York House was originally constructed in the mid 1840's.
|York House Inn Roc Room|
Here is a picture of the quarry area as it now appears. It is accessed up a long abandoned road from the Fisher property. It must have taken quite a team of Oxen to move the huge and HEAVY stones the mile or so to be used at the York House.