Scrambled eggs with Mama York's hash is a great way to start the morning.
Here is the hash recipe:
York House Inn Roasted hash
Serves 10-16 as side, 8-10 main course
Poached egg on top covered lighly in hollandaise, or scrambled eggs with blue or aged white cheddar as a main course.
1/2 lb smoked lean bacon
1/2 lb freshly ground sausage( blalocks)
1/2 lb freshly ground chuck
Dash Worcestershire sauce
5 lb russet potatoes
1 large Vidalia onion
1 tsp each, seasoning salt, garlic powder, rosemary, basil and oregano
1 tbsp. each, parsley, Italian seasoning, cracked whole pepper, paprika
1/2 cup grated parmesan
1 lb queso cheese crumbling variety or shredded Karlsberg swiss
1 1/2 cup salsa
Grease baking dish 9 x 13
· Cut bacon across to make 1/4” squares. Add to sklillet cook for 5-6 minutes then blend in sausage to hot bacon cook for 5 minutes
· Blend in ground chuck and cook another 10 minutes. Splash Worchestershire into the mixture
· While meat cools dice potatoes into 1/2” cubes, same with the onion
· Blend onion, potato, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, pepper, salt rosemary, basil and oregano in large mixing bowl and turn into greased baking dish.
· Layer the cheese, then the meat and finally salsa topping
· Sprinkle parsley and paprika and drizzle rendered juice over the dish.
· Your baking dish will be heaping. Cover tightly with foil and refrigerate overnight.
· Place in cold oven at 375 bake for 30 minutes, then take foil off and bake another 30 minutes. Potatoes should be soft but firm
· Top with sprinkling of parmesian cheese, serve hot